Significant research suggests that the chemical Paraquat may increase the risk of Parkinson’s disease. If you were diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease after Paraquat exposure, a West Virginia Paraquat lawsuit attorney at Shapiro Legal Group, PLLC can help. Our Paraquat lawyers can help you hold Paraquat manufacturers accountable and secure the compensation you need to pay for your losses.
Why Hire Shapiro Legal Group, PLLC for Your West Virginia Paraquat Lawsuit?
- Our Paraquat lawsuit lawyers represent clients across the United States, including West Virginia. We will partner with leading firms to ensure that you have the representative you deserve.
- Our firm has recovered millions of dollars in successful settlements and jury verdicts for our clients. We will advocate aggressively for your maximum compensation.
- Our firm will maintain an open line of communication with you from consultation to settlement. You will always be able to ask questions and receive timely updates.
What Is Paraquat?
Although it is banned in several other countries, Paraquat is a widely used herbicide in the United States. A highly toxic substance, farmers, and other commercial users must have a license to purchase and use it. Multiple products contain Paraquat, including Para-Shot 3.0, Firestorm, and Blanco.
Does Paraquat Cause Parkinson’s Disease?
Multiple studies suggest that Paraquat may cause Parkinson’s disease, according to the Michael J. Fox Foundation. For example, a study of farmers who handled Paraquat found a 200% higher risk of developing this condition. A study of California residents who were exposed as teens or young adults had a 200–600% higher risk.
Diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease? Speak with a West Virginia Paraquat lawyer at Shapiro Legal Group, PLLC to learn more about your legal options.
Stages of Parkinson’s Disease
Parkinson’s disease is categorized into five stages based on symptom severity:
- Stage 1: Mild symptoms that affect one side of the body
- Stage 2: Worsening symptoms that affect both sides of the body
- Stage 3: Mid-stage symptoms characterized by increased falls and slowed movements
- Stage 4: Severe and limiting symptoms that make it difficult to live alone
- Stage 5: The most severe stage with advanced and debilitating symptoms
Symptoms of Parkinson’s Disease
Common signs of Parkinson’s disease include the following:
- Slower movements
- Muscle stiffness
- Tremors and shaking
- Balance difficulties
- Stooped posture
- Loss of automatic movements, like blinking
What Is the Statute of Limitations for Paraquat Lawsuits in West Virginia?
If you are diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease and believe Paraquat is responsible, it is important to act quickly. In West Virginia, you or your West Virginia Paraquat attorney must file your lawsuit within two years of the date of your diagnosis or the court will likely dismiss your claim, preventing you from recovering compensation.
West Virginia Paraquat Lawsuits
Through a West Virginia Paraquat lawsuit, you can hold the herbicide’s manufacturers accountable for the losses you suffered, such as the following:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Lost wages and loss of future earnings
- Disability accommodations, such as live-in care
- Physical and emotional pain and suffering
In these situations, you need an attorney on your side who can advocate aggressively for your best interests. The West Virginia Paraquat lawsuit lawyers at Shapiro Legal Group, PLLC have over 20 years of experience in dangerous and defective product litigation and will leverage their knowledge to fight for your best interests.
Schedule a Free Consultation With a West Virginia Paraquat Lawyer
Are you eligible for litigation against Paraquat manufacturers? The lawyers at Shapiro Legal Group, PLLC can represent your claim. Contact us today and discuss your legal options with a West Virginia Paraquat lawsuit attorney.