Recent research has linked Paraquat, a highly toxic but popular herbicide, to the development of Parkinson’s disease. Now, patients across the country – including Nevada – are holding Paraquat’s manufacturers accountable through lawsuits.
If you were diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease after being exposed to Paraquat, an experienced Nevada Paraquat lawsuit attorney at Shapiro Legal Group, PLLC can help. Our Paraquat lawyers can represent your claim and fight for your right to a settlement.
Why Hire Shapiro Legal Group, PLLC for Your Nevada Paraquat Lawsuit?
- Our firm specializes in dangerous and defective product litigation. We have the skills, experience, and resources necessary to advocate for your maximum compensation.
- Our track record speaks for itself. Our Paraquat lawsuit attorneys have recovered millions of dollars in settlements and jury verdicts to help thousands of clients nationwide.
- Our firm represents people in every state, including Nevada. We will co-counsel with top personal injury and mass tort firms to secure the compensation you deserve.
What Is Paraquat?
Paraquat is a toxic chemical that is widely used as an herbicide across the United States, including Nevada. Although it is effective, Paraquat is banned in several countries due to its dangerous nature. Multiple products contain Paraquat, including the following:
- Para-Shot 3.0
- Paraquat Concentrate
Does Paraquat Cause Parkinson’s Disease?
Not only is Paraquat extremely dangerous, but it may also lead to Parkinson’s disease. According to a letter from the Michael J. Fox Foundation to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), multiple studies establish this link. For example, one study found that people exposed as teens or young adults had a 200–600% higher risk of developing Parkinson’s disease.
Diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease? Consult with a Nevada Paraquat lawyer at Shapiro Legal Group, PLLC to learn more about your legal rights.
Stages of Parkinson’s Disease
There are five stages of Parkinson’s disease:
- Stage 1 symptoms are mild and do not impact daily activities.
- In Stage 2, symptoms become worse and begin to affect daily tasks.
- During Stage 3, loss of balance is a hallmark symptom and falls are more common.
- In Stage 4, symptoms become severe and limiting and the patient is no longer able to live alone.
- Stage 5 is the most severe and debilitating stage, and patients are often bedridden.
Symptoms of Parkinson’s Disease
Common symptoms of Parkinson’s disease include the following:
- Rigid, stiff muscles
- Loss of automatic movements
- Impaired posture
- Balance difficulties
- Tremors or shaking
- Speech changes
What Is the Statute of Limitations for Paraquat Lawsuits in Nevada?
According to Nevada’s statute of limitations for product liability claims, you or your Nevada Paraquat attorney must file a Paraquat lawsuit within four years of your Parkinson’s diagnosis. If you miss this deadline, the court will likely dismiss your case.
Nevada Paraquat Lawsuits
Parkinson’s disease can be a difficult condition to live with. In these situations, you need compensation to pay for your medical care, replace the wages you lost, and obtain the accommodations and services you need.
You could recover a settlement to pay for these damages by filing a Nevada Paraquat lawsuit against the herbicide’s manufacturers. However, you will need to prove the following facts to receive compensation:
- You were diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease.
- Paraquat is defective.
- Your condition was caused by Paraquat’s defect.
- You used the product as the manufacturer intended.
The Nevada Paraquat attorneys at Shapiro Legal Group, PLLC can help you gather the evidence and scientific knowledge you need to prove these elements and establish your right to compensation.
Schedule a Free Consultation With a Nevada Paraquat Lawyer
If you were diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease and believe Paraquat is responsible, Shapiro Legal Group, PLLC can help. Contact us to schedule a free case consultation with a Nevada Paraquat lawsuit attorney.