Paraquat may increase people’s risk of Parkinson’s disease. Now, Paraquat victims in Delaware are filing lawsuits against the herbicide’s manufacturers. If you were diagnosed with this neurological condition and believe Paraquat exposure is responsible, a Delaware Paraquat lawsuit attorney at Shapiro Legal Group, PLLC can represent your case. Our Paraquat lawyers will work diligently to secure the compensation you deserve.
Why Hire Shapiro Legal Group, PLLC for Your Delaware Paraquat Lawsuit?
- Our firm has over 20 years of legal experience and specializes in dangerous product litigation, including Paraquat lawsuits.
- We represent clients in every state, including Delaware, and partner with leading firms to provide the best possible legal representation.
- Our firm will be available throughout your case to answer any questions you may have and provide important updates about your claim.
What Is Paraquat?
Paraquat is an herbicide used to kill weeds and unwanted plants. It is highly toxic and a restricted use product, meaning that buyers must have a commercial license to purchase and handle it. Paraquat is sold under many names, including Bonedry, Firestorm, and Ortho-Paraquat.
Does Paraquat Cause Parkinson’s Disease?
Paraquat exposure may increase a person’s risk of Parkinson’s disease. According to the Michael J. Fox Foundation, one study found that teens and young adults who came into contact with Paraquat had a 200–600% higher chance of developing Parkinson’s disease than their counterparts. Another study found that farmers who mixed or used Paraquat had a 200% higher risk. If you or a loved one was recently diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease and believe you have a case, speak with a Paraquat lawsuit attorney as soon as possible.
Stages of Parkinson’s Disease
Parkinson’s disease symptoms begin slowly and worsen over time. As a result, medical professionals classify this condition into five stages:
- Stage 1 is characterized by mild symptoms that affect one side of the body, such as tremors.
- Stage 2 involves symptoms that affect both sides of the body as well as walking problems.
- Stage 3, considered mid-stage, is characterized by loss of balance and slowed movements.
- Stage 4 involves severe and limiting symptoms. Patients are unable to live alone.
- Stage 5 is the most severe. Patients are often bedridden or require a wheelchair, and around-the-clock care is necessary.
Symptoms of Parkinson’s Disease
Common symptoms of Parkinson’s disease include the following:
- Rigid muscles
- Slowed movement
- Impaired posture
- Balance difficulties
- Speech changes
- Writing changes
What Is the Statute of Limitations for Paraquat Lawsuits in Delaware?
If you were injured by Paraquat in Delaware, it is important to act quickly. According to the state’s statute of limitations rules, you have two years from the date of your Parkinson’s disease diagnosis to file your lawsuit or the court will likely dismiss your case. To protect your right to recovery, speak to a Delaware Paraquat attorney at Shapiro Legal Group, PLLC.
Delaware Paraquat Lawsuits
Parkinson’s disease patients who were exposed to Paraquat may be eligible for a lawsuit against the herbicide’s manufacturers. Through a Paraquat lawsuit, you can recover compensation for medical expenses, pain and suffering, and more. However, you will need to prove that Paraquat is the cause of your condition.
If you believe that you qualify for Paraquat litigation, the Delaware Paraquat lawsuit lawyers at Shapiro Legal Group can evaluate your case and help you take the first steps toward filing your claim. We will work closely with you to gather evidence, consult with scientific experts, and craft a compelling case for your maximum recovery.
Schedule a Free Consultation With a Delaware Paraquat Lawyer
If you were diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease after Paraquat exposure, Shapiro Legal Group, PLLC can help. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation and discuss your next steps with a Delaware Paraquat lawsuit attorney.