Popular herbicide Paraquat may lead to the development of Parkinson’s disease, a progressive central nervous system disorder. If you were diagnosed with this condition after being exposed to Paraquat, you may be eligible for a lawsuit against Paraquat’s manufacturers.
In these situations, a skilled Massachusetts Paraquat lawsuit attorney at Shapiro Legal Group, PLLC can help you seek justice. Our Paraquat lawyers will help you hold Paraquat’s manufacturers accountable and secure the compensation that you deserve.
Why Hire Shapiro Legal Group, PLLC for Your Massachusetts Paraquat Lawsuit?
- Our attorneys specialize in mass tort litigation for defective and dangerous products. We hold over 20 years of legal experience.
- We are dedicated to achieving maximum compensation in your case. Our attorneys have recovered millions of dollars on behalf of our clients.
- Our firm represents clients nationwide, including Massachusetts. Our Paraquat attorneys will co-counsel with leading personal injury and mass tort firms to provide you with the most comprehensive representation possible.
What Is Paraquat?
Paraquat is a highly toxic chemical that is widely used across the United States. According to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), only commercially licensed individuals can buy Paraquat. There are several Paraquat-containing products, including the following:
Does Paraquat Cause Parkinson’s Disease?
Several studies have established a link between Paraquat exposure and Parkinson’s disease. According to a survey of farmers who handled Paraquat, researchers found a 200% higher risk of the condition. In another study, which examined teens and young adult who lived near fields where Paraquat was applied, researchers found a 200-600% higher risk.
Did you or a loved one receive a Parkinson’s diagnosis? Learn your legal rights and reach out to a Massachusetts Paraquat lawyer at Shapiro Legal Group, PLLC today.
Stages of Parkinson’s Disease
Medical professionals classify Parkinson’s disease into five stages based on symptom severity:
- Stage 1: Symptoms are mild and do not affect daily activities.
- Stage 2: Symptoms begin to become worse. Tasks become more difficult and lengthier.
- Stage 3: Symptoms become more severe. Daily activities are significantly impaired.
- Stage 4: Symptoms are very limiting, and you may not be able to live alone.
- Stage 5: Symptoms are debilitating, and you may require around-the-clock care.
Symptoms of Parkinson’s Disease
There are several symptoms associated with Parkinson’s disease:
- Slowed movements
- Impaired posture and balance
- Speech and writing changes
- Loss of automatic movements, like blinking
- Tremors or shaking
- Rigid muscles
What Is the Statute of Limitations for Paraquat Lawsuits in Massachusetts?
In Massachusetts, you or your Massachusetts Paraquat lawyer must file a Paraquat lawsuit within three years of the date of your Parkinson’s diagnosis. The court will likely dismiss your claim if you file late, preventing you from recovering the compensation you deserve.
Massachusetts Paraquat Lawsuits
If you were diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease after being exposed to Paraquat, you could pursue legal action against its manufacturers. Through a Massachusetts Paraquat lawsuit, you can recover a settlement to pay for medical expenses, lost wages, and more.
However, proving a Paraquat claim can be challenging without a lawyer on your side. The Massachusetts Paraquat attorneys at Shapiro Legal Group, PLLC have represented Paraquat victims nationwide, and we understand the requirements and evidence necessary to prove your claim. We will leverage our skills, experience, and resources to craft a compelling case in your favor.
Schedule a Free Consultation With a Massachusetts Paraquat Lawyer
Were you diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease after being exposed to Paraquat? Shapiro Legal Group, PLLC can help. Contact us today to discuss your legal options with a Massachusetts Paraquat lawsuit attorney.