Parkinson’s disease is a central nervous system disorder that affects millions of people around the world. Characterized by tremors and slowed movements, this condition can have a major impact on your life. Paraquat, a popular herbicide, is linked to a higher risk of Parkinson’s disease.
If you were diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease after being exposed to Paraquat, a skilled Wyoming Paraquat lawsuit attorney at Shapiro Legal Group, PLLC can help. Our Paraquat lawyers can help you hold the manufacturers accountable and secure the settlement you deserve.
Why Hire Shapiro Legal Group, PLLC for Your Wyoming Paraquat Lawsuit?
- Our attorneys hold over 20 years of experience and specialize in mass tort litigation for dangerous and defective products, including Paraquat lawsuits.
- Our Paraquat lawsuit lawyers will advocate aggressively for your maximum compensation. We have recovered millions of dollars on behalf of our clients.
- Our firm will handle all aspects of your case on your behalf and prepare you for each stage of the litigation process.
What Is Paraquat?
Paraquat is a popular herbicide used to kill weeds and unwanted vegetation. Although it is banned in several countries due to its toxicity, Paraquat is widely used across the United States, including Wyoming. Paraquat is also a restricted use product, meaning that users must have a commercial license to purchase it.
Does Paraquat Cause Parkinson’s Disease?
According to the Michael J. Fox Foundation, multiple studies establish a link between Paraquat exposure and Parkinson’s disease. One study found that farmers who mixed Paraquat had a 200% higher chance of developing this condition. Another study found that Parkinson’s disease is diagnosed at a younger age among people who had used this chemical.
Recently diagnosed with Parkinson’s? Speak with a Wyoming Paraquat lawyer at Shapiro Legal Group, PLLC to learn more about your legal rights.
Stages of Parkinson’s Disease
Medical professionals classify Parkinson’s disease into five stages:
- Stage 1 patients experience mild symptoms, like tremors, on one side of the body.
- Stage 2 patients experience symptoms on both sides of the body.
- Stage 3 patients may experience loss of balance, falls, and slowed movements.
- Stage 4 patients begin to experience severe and limiting symptoms and may need a walker.
- Stage 5 is the most severe. Patients cannot live alone and are usually bedridden due to stiffness in the legs.
Symptoms of Parkinson’s Disease
Common symptoms of Parkinson’s disease include the following:
- Balance difficulties
- Stooped posture
- Tremors on both sides of the body
- Slowed movements, known as bradykinesia
- Speech and writing changes
- Loss of automatic movements, like smiling
What Is the Statute of Limitations for Paraquat Lawsuits in Wyoming?
In Wyoming, you must file a Paraquat lawsuit within four years of the Parkinson’s disease diagnosis or the court will likely dismiss the claim. To protect your right to compensation, speak to a Wyoming Paraquat lawsuit attorney at Shapiro Legal Group, PLLC as soon as possible.
Wyoming Paraquat Lawsuits
If you were diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease after being exposed to Paraquat, you may be eligible for a lawsuit against the product’s manufacturers. Through your claim, you can recover compensation for medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more.
In these situations, you need a Paraquat attorney in Wyoming who understands the litigation process and can represent your best interests during each stage. The lawyers at Shapiro Legal Group, PLLC have the skills and resources you need to hold the at-fault manufacturer accountable and secure the compensation you deserve.
Schedule a Free Consultation With a Wyoming Paraquat Lawyer
If you believe that you are eligible for litigation, the Wyoming Paraquat lawsuit attorneys at Shapiro Legal Group, PLLC can help. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation and discuss your legal options.