Paraquat is an extremely dangerous herbicide banned in several countries. However, it is used widely across the United States, including Vermont. Significant research has linked Paraquat exposure to the development of Parkinson’s disease.
If you believe that Paraquat is responsible for your condition, you may be eligible for legal action – and an experienced Vermont Paraquat lawsuit attorney at Shapiro Legal Group, PLLC can help. Our Paraquat lawyers will advocate aggressively for your right to maximum recovery.
Why Hire Shapiro Legal Group, PLLC for Your Vermont Paraquat Lawsuit?
- Our attorneys represent people in every state, including Vermont, in their lawsuits against Paraquat manufacturers. We have the skills and experience necessary to handle your case.
- Our firm is dedicated to your case. We will co-counsel with leading personal injury and mass tort firms to provide the most comprehensive representation possible.
- We charge a contingency fee for our services. If you do not secure a financial award in your claim, you will not be charged legal fees by our Paraquat attorneys.
What Is Paraquat?
Paraquat dichloride, commonly referred to as Paraquat, is a common herbicide used to kill weeds and unwanted plants. However, Paraquat is highly toxic and can be fatal if ingested. There are several brands of Paraquat, including Firestorm, Bonedry, and Ortho-Paraquat.
Does Paraquat Cause Parkinson’s Disease?
Many people have developed Parkinson’s disease, a progressive nervous system disorder, after being exposed to Paraquat. Multiple studies have established a link between the chemical and Parkinson’s disease. In one study, teens and young adults who lived near fields where Paraquat was applied had a 200% to 600% higher risk.
Were you or someone you love recently diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease? Reach out to a Vermont Paraquat lawyer at Shapiro Legal Group, PLLC to learn more about your legal rights.
Stages of Parkinson’s Disease
There are five stages of Parkinson’s disease:
- Stage 1: Symptoms are mild and do not interfere with daily activities.
- Stage 2: Symptoms begin to worsen, and daily tasks become more difficult.
- Stage 3: Symptoms are considered mid-stage. Falls and slowed movements are common.
- Stage 4: Symptoms are severe and limiting. It is very difficult to perform daily tasks.
- Stage 5: Symptoms are debilitating, and the patient is often bedridden. Patients often require long-term care.
Symptoms of Parkinson’s Disease
There are several symptoms associated with Parkinson’s disease:
- Slurred speech
- Sudden changes in writing
- Tremors or shaking
- Noticeably slowed movements
- Rigid muscles
What Is the Statute of Limitations for Paraquat Lawsuits in Vermont?
If you believe that you qualify for a Paraquat lawsuit, it is important to speak with a Vermont Paraquat attorney as soon as possible. In Vermont, you must file a claim within three years of your Parkinson’s disease diagnosis. If you miss this filing deadline, the court will likely dismiss your case.
Vermont Paraquat Lawsuits
After a Parkinson’s disease diagnosis, you may be eligible for legal action. By filing a lawsuit against Paraquat’s manufacturers, you can recover compensation for medical care, disability accommodations, lost wages, and other damages.
To prove a Vermont Paraquat claim, you will need to gather enough evidence to establish the following elements:
- You were diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease.
- Paraquat is defective.
- The product defect caused your Parkinson’s disease.
- You were using Paraquat as the manufacturer intended.
The Vermont Paraquat lawsuit attorneys at Shapiro Legal Group, PLLC represent Paraquat victims nationwide. We have access to the expert witnesses, scientific evidence, and other resources necessary to establish your right to compensation.
Schedule a Free Consultation With a Vermont Paraquat Lawyer
Were you diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease? If you believe that Paraquat exposure is responsible, the lawyers at Shapiro Legal Group, PLLC can help. Contact us today to discuss your legal options with a Vermont Paraquat lawsuit lawyer.