Although it is a highly dangerous and toxic chemical, many plantations, orchards, and other commercial farms in North Carolina use Paraquat to kill unwanted weeds and plants. If you are exposed to this herbicide, the North Carolina Paraquat lawsuit attorneys at Shapiro Legal Group, PLLC can help you secure the compensation you deserve.
Why Hire Shapiro Legal Group, PLLC for Your North Carolina Paraquat Lawsuit?
- Our lawyers have over 20 years of experience representing clients in lawsuits against dangerous herbicide manufacturers.
- We represent clients nationwide, including North Carolina. We will partner with leading personal injury firms to provide the strongest representation possible.
- Paraquat lawsuits require access to specialized knowledge and cutting edge research. Our Paraquat lawyers have developed a network of expert witnesses and resources to strengthen your claim.
What Is Paraquat?
Paraquat is a highly toxic herbicide that has been banned in several countries, except for the United States. However, only licensed entities can purchase and use the chemical – recreational use is prohibited. Paraquat kills unwanted weeds and plants that are resistant to other herbicides, such as RoundUp.
Does Paraquat Cause Parkinson’s Disease?
Paraquat is effective because it attacks cells on the molecular level, destroying living organisms. In humans, exposure to Paraquat destroys the neurons responsible for producing dopamine, which is involved in regulating body movements. As a result, victims can develop symptoms of Parkinson’s disease, such as tremors and difficulty walking. In the event you or a loved one developed Parkinson’s and were routinely exposed to Paraquat, speak with a North Carolina Paraquat lawyer. You may have a case and be entitled to compensation.
Stages of Parkinson’s Disease
Parkinson’s disease is a progressive, incurable condition. Medical experts classify this disease into five stages based on symptom severity:
- Stage one patients experience the mildest symptoms, usually on one side of the body.
- Stage two patients experience symptoms on both sides of the body and may notice difficulty in performing daily tasks.
- Stage three patients may notice difficulty walking or standing up straight. While they retain independence, performing daily tasks becomes much more difficult.
- Stage four patients often require mobility equipment, such as a walker. Performing daily tasks is very difficult without assistance.
- Stage five patients are often bedridden and cannot move without a wheelchair. These patients require live-in care and often develop psychological symptoms.
Symptoms of Parkinson’s Disease
Parkinson’s disease affects many body functions, including motor skills. Common symptoms include the following:
- Uncontrollable shaking
- Depression and anxiety
- Difficulty walking
- Difficulty standing up straight
What Is the Statute of Limitations for Paraquat Lawsuits in North Carolina?
According to the state’s statute of limitations, you have three years from the date of your Parkinson’s disease diagnosis to file a lawsuit in North Carolina civil court. If you do not file by this deadline, the court will dismiss your case so consult with a Paraquat lawyer in North Carolina as soon as you possibly can.
North Carolina Paraquat Lawsuits
If you developed Parkinson’s disease after being exposed to Paraquat, you may have grounds for a lawsuit against a Paraquat manufacturer. However, you will need to prove that the chemical caused your condition – which can be difficult without access to cutting edge research or expert witnesses.
The North Carolina Paraquat lawsuit attorneys at Shapiro Legal Group, PLLC have developed a network of resources and professionals that we can use to strengthen your claim. We will leverage our skills, tools, and experience to craft a compelling case for your right to compensation – helping secure the award you need to recover.
Schedule a Free Consultation With a North Carolina Paraquat Lawyer
If you have been diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease after Paraquat exposure, you may be eligible for financial compensation. The attorneys at Shapiro Legal Group, PLLC will advocate for your maximum recovery. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation with a North Carolina Paraquat lawsuit attorney.