If you were diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease after being exposed to Paraquat, you may be eligible for financial compensation. Research has linked Paraquat, a popular herbicide in Wisconsin, to an increased risk of this neurological condition. In these situations, trust the Wisconsin Paraquat lawsuit attorneys at Shapiro Legal Group, PLLC to help you hold the manufacturer accountable and secure the compensation you deserve.
Why Hire Shapiro Legal Group, PLLC for Your Wisconsin Paraquat Lawsuit?
- Our attorneys specialize in dangerous product litigation. We represent Paraquat victims across the United States, including Wisconsin.
- Our firm believes in open, honest communication. You will always be able to ask questions and receive timely case updates.
- We have secured millions of dollars for our clients. Our Wisconsin Paraquat lawyers are dedicated to achieving maximum recovery on your behalf.
What Is Paraquat?
Paraquat is a popular herbicide used by farmers and other commercially licensed users across the United States. Since it is highly toxic, use of Paraquat is heavily restricted. Paraquat is sold under many brand names, including the following:
- Para-Shot 3.0
- Paraquat Concentrate
Does Paraquat Cause Parkinson’s Disease?
Significant research has linked Paraquat exposure to an increased risk of Parkinson’s disease, according to a letter from the Michael J. Fox Foundation to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). A study of Central California residents found that people exposed as teens or young adults had a 200% to 600% higher chance of developing Parkinson’s disease than their counterparts.
Stages of Parkinson’s Disease
There are five stages of Parkinson’s disease, classified by symptom severity:
- Stage 1 patients have mild symptoms that do not interfere with daily life and generally affect one side of the body.
- Stage 2 patients have symptoms that affect both sides of the body. Daily tasks become more difficult.
- Stage 3 patients experience symptoms like loss of balance. Symptoms significantly impair daily activities.
- Stage 4 patients experience severe and limiting symptoms. They are unable to live alone.
- Stage 5 patients experience debilitating symptoms and often require live-in care.
Symptoms of Parkinson’s Disease
Some of the most common symptoms of Parkinson’s disease include the following:
- Slowed movements
- Tremors and shaking
- Stooped posture
- Balance problems
- Monotone speech
- Writing difficulties
- Rigid muscles
What Is the Statute of Limitations for Paraquat Lawsuits in Wisconsin?
Wisconsin imposes a statute of limitations, or filing deadline, for Paraquat lawsuits. You have three years from the day of your Parkinson’s disease diagnosis to file your claim or the court will dismiss your case. If you believe that you qualify for a Paraquat lawsuit, speak to a Paraquat lawsuit attorney in Wisconsin as soon as possible.
Wisconsin Paraquat Lawsuits
Through a Wisconsin Paraquat lawsuit, you can hold the herbicide’s manufacturer liable for your medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more. To secure compensation in your claim, however, you will need to gather sufficient evidence to prove the following four elements:
- You were diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease.
- Paraquat is defective.
- Paraquat caused you to develop Parkinson’s disease.
- You were using the product as the manufacturer intended.
Your Paraquat lawsuit attorney at Shapiro Legal Group, PLLC can help you gather the evidence you need to prove these facts and establish your right to compensation. We will consult with scientific experts, leverage our knowledge and experience, and advocate aggressively for your maximum recovery.
Schedule a Free Consultation With a Wisconsin Paraquat Lawyer
Have you been diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease after Paraquat exposure? Shapiro Legal Group, PLLC can help. Contact us online today to discuss your legal options with a Wisconsin Paraquat lawsuit attorney.