Parkinson’s disease, a progressive central nervous system disorder, affects millions of people worldwide. Paraquat, a toxic herbicide, may lead to the development of this condition.
If you were diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease after exposure to Paraquat, you may be eligible for legal action – and a skilled New Mexico Paraquat lawsuit attorney at Shapiro Legal Group, PLLC can help. Our Paraquat lawyers will advocate aggressively for your best interests and help you hold the herbicide’s manufacturers accountable.
Why Hire Shapiro Legal Group, PLLC for Your New Mexico Paraquat Lawsuit?
- Our attorneys hold over 20 years of legal experience and have helped thousands of clients recover the compensation they deserve.
- Our firm helps clients nationwide, including New Mexico. We co-counsel with leading personal injury firms so that you receive the most comprehensive representation possible.
- Our firm is highly responsive and always available to answer your questions. When you call or email for a free consultation, our Paraquat lawsuit lawyers will respond within 24 hours.
What Is Paraquat?
Paraquat is a liquid herbicide that is effective at killing weeds and unwanted plants. However, Paraquat is also highly toxic and can be fatal if ingested. According to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Paraquat is a restricted use chemical, meaning that only commercially licensed users can purchase it.
Does Paraquat Cause Parkinson’s Disease?
People who were exposed to Paraquat may have a higher chance of developing Parkinson’s disease. According to the Michael J. Fox Foundation, one study found that California residents exposed as teens or young adults had a 200% to 600% higher risk of this condition compared to their peers. Diagnosed with Parkinson’s? Consult with a New Mexico Paraquat lawyer at Shapiro Legal Group, PLLC to learn more about your legal rights.
Stages of Parkinson’s Disease
There are five stages of Parkinson’s disease:
- Stage 1: Patients experience mild symptoms that generally affect one side of the body.
- Stage 2: Patients experience tremors on both sides of the body and may begin to find daily tasks difficult.
- Stage 3: Patients begin to experience loss of balance and slowed movements.
- Stage 4: Patients experience severe, limiting symptoms and may require a walker.
- Stage 5: Patients experience the most severe, debilitating symptoms and may be unable to walk due to stiffness in the legs.
Symptoms of Parkinson’s Disease
Some common symptoms of Parkinson’s disease include the following:
- Tremors or shaking
- Rigid, stiff muscles
- Impaired posture and balance
- Slowed movement, also known as bradykinesia
- Speech and writing changes
What Is the Statute of Limitations for Paraquat Lawsuits in New Mexico?
If you believe that you qualify for a Paraquat lawsuit, it is important to act fast. Under New Mexico’s statute of limitations, you or your New Mexico Paraquat lawyer must file your claim within three years of your Parkinson’s diagnosis, or the court will likely dismiss your claim.
New Mexico Paraquat Lawsuits
If you believe that Paraquat exposure may have caused your Parkinson’s disease, you may be eligible for financial compensation. By filing a Paraquat lawsuit against the herbicide’s manufacturers, you can recover damages for lost wages, medical care, disability accommodations, and more.
To prove your right to compensation, you need a Paraquat attorney in New Mexico who can fight for your best interests. In these situations, an attorney from Shapiro Legal Group, PLLC can help. Our firm will guide you through each stage of the New Mexico product liability process and work tirelessly to secure the settlement you deserve.
Schedule a Free Consultation With a New Mexico Paraquat Lawyer
If you or a loved one received a Parkinson’s disease diagnosis after Paraquat exposure, you may be eligible for financial compensation. Contact Shapiro Legal Group, PLLC today to discuss your legal options with a New Mexico Paraquat lawsuit attorney.