Paraquat, a popular but dangerous herbicide used across the United States, may lead to the development of Parkinson’s disease. If you developed Parkinson’s disease after being exposed to this toxic chemical, you may be eligible for financial compensation. In these situations, the Nebraska Paraquat lawsuit attorneys at Shapiro Legal Group, PLLC can represent you in your claim against the herbicide’s manufacturers.
Why Hire Shapiro Legal Group, PLLC for Your Paraquat Lawsuit?
- Our firm has over 20 years of experience in defective product and mass tort litigation.
- Our Paraquat lawsuit lawyers have secured millions of dollars on behalf of our clients and are dedicated to recovering the compensation you deserve.
- Paraquat lawsuits can be complicated. Our lawyers will handle all aspects of your claim so you can focus on recovery.
What Is Paraquat?
Paraquat is a widely used herbicide that helps kill unwanted plants and weeds and desiccate crops prior to harvest. Banned in 32 countries, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) requires farmers and other entities to hold commercial licenses in order to purchase and use the chemical. Common products that contain Paraquat include the following.
- Paraquat Concentrate
Does Paraquat Cause Parkinson’s Disease?
According to the Michael J. Fox Foundation, several studies show a link between Paraquat exposure and Parkinson’s disease. For example, a study of teens in California’s Central Valley found a 200–600 percent higher risk of developing this condition after Paraquat exposure. Farmers who mixed or applied Paraquat also had a 200 percent higher risk of developing Parkinson’s disease.
Stages of Parkinson’s Disease
Parkinson’s disease is a degenerative condition that worsens over time. There are five stages of Parkinson’s disease.
- Stage one Parkinson’s patients may experience mild symptoms that do not impact daily activities.
- Stage two Parkinson’s patients experience worsening symptoms that affect both sides of the body and make tasks more difficult.
- Stage three Parkinson’s patients experience significant impairment, loss of balance, and slow movements.
- Stage four Parkinson’s patients experience severe and limiting symptoms and may require assistance with tasks.
- Stage five Parkinson’s patients are often bedridden and require around-the-clock care.
Symptoms of Parkinson’s Disease
Symptoms of Parkinson’s disease begin slowly. Some of the most common signs of this condition include the following.
- Slowed movements
- Rigid muscles
- Loss of balance
- Posture impairment
- Speech changes
- Writing difficulties
- Loss of automatic movements, such as blinking
What Is the Statute of Limitations for Paraquat Lawsuits in Nebraska?
Under Nebraska law, you have four years from the date of your Parkinson’s disease diagnosis to file a lawsuit against a Paraquat manufacturer. The state also imposes a 10-year statute of repose, which means that you also have 10 years from the date that the product was sold to file. As soon as you realize that you may qualify for a Paraquat lawsuit, speak to a lawyer at Shapiro Legal Group, PLLC to protect your right to compensation.
Nebraska Paraquat Lawsuits
A lawsuit against a Paraquat manufacturer allows victims of this toxic herbicide to recover compensation related to their Parkinson’s disease. These damages may include medical expenses, pain and suffering, lost wages, and disability accommodations. The attorneys at Shapiro Legal Group, PLLC can help you develop a compelling case for your right to compensation, holding the manufacturer accountable through medical evidence, scientific research, and expert testimony.
Schedule a Free Consultation With a Nebraska Paraquat Lawyer
If you developed Parkinson’s disease after being exposed to Paraquat, the attorneys at Shapiro Legal Group, PLLC can help you seek justice. Contact us today to discuss your legal options with a Nebraska Paraquat lawsuit attorney.