Paraquat may increase the risk of Parkinson’s disease, a degenerative neurological condition, among Montana residents. If you were diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease after being exposed to this toxic chemical, you may have grounds for a lawsuit against Paraquat’s manufacturers – and the Montana Paraquat lawsuit attorneys at Shapiro Legal Group, PLLC can help.
Why Hire Shapiro Legal Group, PLLC for Your Montana Paraquat Lawsuit?
- Our Montana Paraquat lawyers help people in every state, including Montana, file lawsuits against Paraquat manufacturers.
- We have helped thousands of people secure millions of dollars in compensation. We are dedicated to helping you achieve maximum recovery.
- Our firm will handle all aspects of your case on your behalf, allowing you to focus on treatment instead of complex litigation.
What Is Paraquat?
Paraquat is a popular herbicide sold under multiple brand names, including Gramoxone, Devour, Blanco, and Bonedry. A highly toxic chemical, Paraquat can be fatal if ingested or inhaled and has been linked to the development of serious health conditions, including Parkinson’s disease.
Does Paraquat Cause Parkinson’s Disease?
According to the Michael J. Fox Foundation, multiple studies suggest that Paraquat increases the risk of Parkinson’s disease. One study of people exposed as teens and young adults found that they had a 200–600% higher risk of this condition. Farmers who mixed and applied Paraquat had a 200% higher risk. In the event you or somebody you love was recently diagnosed with Parkinson’s, speak with a Paraquat lawsuit attorney as soon as possible to preserve your legal right to fair compensation.
Stages of Parkinson’s Disease
- Stage 1 is the first and most mild stage. Patients experience symptoms that do not generally affect daily activities.
- Stage 2 involves worsening symptoms that affect both sides of the body. Daily tasks become more difficult.
- Stage 3 is considered mid-stage. Patients are independent, but experience difficulties with certain activities.
- Stage 4 involves severe symptoms that make it difficult to complete daily tasks.
- Stage 5 is the most advanced stage. Patients experience debilitating symptoms and are sometimes unable to stand or walk.
Symptoms of Parkinson’s Disease
Common symptoms of Parkinson’s disease include the following:
- Slowed movements
- Impaired posture
- Balance difficulties
- Speech and writing changes
- Loss of automatic movements, like blinking
- Rigid muscles
What Is the Statute of Limitations for Paraquat Lawsuits in Montana?
If you believe you are eligible for a Paraquat lawsuit, it is important to act quickly. Under Montana law, Paraquat victims or their Montana Paraquat lawsuit attorneys only have three years from the date of their Parkinson’s disease diagnosis to file a lawsuit. If you do not file within this time period, the court will dismiss your case.
Montana Paraquat Lawsuits
Through a Montana Paraquat lawsuit, you can hold the herbicide’s manufacturer accountable for the losses you sustained due to your Parkinson’s disease diagnosis. These damages may include medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, disability accommodations, and more. If you plan on filing a Paraquat lawsuit, however, you need a Montana Paraquat lawyer on your side – and the lawyers at Shapiro Legal Group, PLLC can help.
Our attorneys can guide you through the litigation process and gather the evidence you need to prove your right to compensation. We will engage scientific experts who can testify on your behalf and leverage strategies that we have applied to other Paraquat claims. We will harness the full power of our firm’s resources and knowledge to craft a compelling case for your maximum recovery.
Schedule a Free Consultation With a Montana Paraquat Lawyer
If you believe that you qualify for a Paraquat lawsuit, the attorneys at Shapiro Legal Group, PLLC may be available to represent your claim. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation with a Montana Paraquat lawsuit attorney.