Parkinson’s disease is a degenerative neurological condition that leads to significant hardship for patients. Research has linked Paraquat, a popular herbicide, to the development of this condition. If you were diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease after being exposed to Paraquat, you may be eligible for financial compensation – and an experienced Hawaii Paraquat lawsuit attorney at Shapiro Legal Group, PLLC can help.
Why Hire Shapiro Legal Group, PLLC for Your Hawaii Paraquat Lawsuit?
- Our firm has secured millions of dollars in settlements on behalf of clients nationwide. We are dedicated to recovering your maximum award.
- Our Paraquat attorneys have over 20 years of experience in defective product litigation. We will leverage our skills, resources, and knowledge to craft a compelling case in your favor.
- We understand how difficult a Parkinson’s disease diagnosis can be. We will handle all aspects of your claim so that you can focus on treatment, not complex legal processes.
What Is Paraquat?
Paraquat is an herbicide used to kill weeds and unwanted plants. Highly toxic, Paraquat is a restricted use chemical, meaning that people must have a commercial license to purchase it. There are several brands that contain Paraquat, including the following:
- Paraquat Concentrate
Does Paraquat Cause Parkinson’s Disease?
Paraquat exposure may lead to the development of Parkinson’s disease. According to the Michael J. Fox Foundation, one study found a 200–600% higher risk of the condition among people who were exposed as teens and young adults. A study of farmers who handled Paraquat found a 200% higher risk.
Were you or somebody you love diagnosed with Parkinson’s after being exposed to Paraquat? Contact a Hawaii Paraquat lawyer at Shapiro Legal Group, PLLC today to learn your legal options for recovery.
Stages of Parkinson’s Disease
There are five distinct stages of Parkinson’s disease:
- Stage 1 patients experience mild symptoms that generally affect one side of the body, such as tremors.
- Stage 2 patients experience worsening symptoms that affect both sides of the body.
- Stage 3 patients often experience loss of balance and slowed movements.
- Stage 4 patients may require mobility equipment and are unable to live alone due to severe and limiting symptoms.
- Stage 5 patients experience debilitating symptoms and are often bedridden due to stiffness in the legs.
Symptoms of Parkinson’s Disease
There are several symptoms that Parkinson’s disease patients experience:
- Rigid muscles
- Slowed movements
- Balance difficulties
- Stooped posture
- Speech and writing changes
What Is the Statute of Limitations for Paraquat Lawsuits in Hawaii?
Under Hawaii law, you must file a Paraquat lawsuit within two years from the date of your Parkinson’s disease diagnosis. If you do not file within this timeframe, the court will dismiss your case. To protect your right to compensation, speak with a Hawaii Paraquat lawsuit attorney as soon as possible.
Hawaii Paraquat Lawsuits
If you were diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease after being exposed to Paraquat, you may be eligible for financial compensation. You could file a lawsuit against Paraquat’s manufacturers in Hawaii civil court and recover monetary damages to pay for your losses. Common types of compensation available in these claims include the following:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Lost wages and loss of future earnings
- Physical and emotional pain and suffering
- Disability accommodations
To secure compensation in your claim, you need a Hawaii Paraquat lawsuit lawyer on your side. A lawyer can conduct a full investigation into your accident and gather enough evidence to prove your right to recovery.
Schedule a Free Consultation With a Hawaii Paraquat Lawyer
Are you a victim of Paraquat exposure? The lawyers at Shapiro Legal Group, PLLC can fight for your right to a settlement. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation with a Hawaii Paraquat attorney.