Paraquat, a highly toxic herbicide, may increase the risk of Parkinson’s disease for New Jersey residents. If you were diagnosed with this condition after being exposed to Paraquat, you may be eligible for litigation against the herbicide’s manufacturers – and an experienced New Jersey Paraquat lawsuit attorney at Shapiro Legal Group, PLLC can represent your claim. Our Paraquat lawyers will advocate aggressively for your maximum possible compensation.
Why Hire Shapiro Legal Group, PLLC for Your New Jersey Paraquat Lawsuit?
- Our firm has represented thousands of clients nationwide, including New Jersey. We have recovered millions of dollars in successful settlements and jury verdicts.
- Our Paraquat lawsuit lawyers hold over 20 years of legal experience and specialize in dangerous and defective product litigation.
- We understand how difficult a Parkinson’s disease diagnosis can be. Our firm will handle all aspects of your claim on your behalf and guide you through the litigation process.
What Is Paraquat?
Paraquat is a widely used herbicide across the United States, including New Jersey. Although it is effective at removing unwanted plants, Paraquat can be very dangerous. According to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), one sip can be fatal.
Does Paraquat Cause Parkinson’s Disease?
According to a letter from the Michael J. Fox Foundation to the EPA, multiple studies suggest that Paraquat exposure increases the risk of Parkinson’s disease. For example, a study of California residents found that people exposed when they were young had a 200% to 600% higher chance of developing this condition. Diagnosed with Parkinson’s? Consult with a New Jersey Paraquat lawyer at Shapiro Legal Group, PLLC to learn your legal rights.
Stages of Parkinson’s Disease
Parkinson’s disease is a progressive condition that worsens over time. There are five stages of the disorder:
- Stage 1: Patients experience mild symptoms on one side of the body.
- Stage 2: Patients’ symptoms begin to worsen and affect daily activities.
- Stage 3: Patients begin experiencing loss of balance, falls, and slowed movements.
- Stage 4: Patients experience severe and limiting symptoms and may require a walker.
- Stage 5: The most advanced stage, patients are usually bedridden and may experience psychological symptoms, such as hallucinations.
Symptoms of Parkinson’s Disease
Parkinson’s disease often includes the following symptoms:
- Muscle stiffness
- Balance difficulties
- Speech changes
- Writing changes
- Slowed movements
What Is the Statute of Limitations for Paraquat Lawsuits in New Jersey?
Under New Jersey law, you or your New Jersey Paraquat attorney have two years from the date of your Parkinson’s diagnosis to file a Paraquat lawsuit. Filing your claim after this deadline will likely result in a case dismissal, preventing you from recovering compensation.
New Jersey Paraquat Lawsuits
Parkinson’s disease can be a devastating condition, and if you believe Paraquat is to blame for your diagnosis, you may be eligible for financial compensation. In these situations, the New Jersey Paraquat lawyers at Shapiro Legal Group, PLLC can help you file a New Jersey Paraquat lawsuit against the herbicide’s manufacturers and secure the settlement you deserve.
Through a Paraquat lawsuit, you can recover compensation for the following types of losses:
- Past and future medical care
- Disability accommodations, such as mobility equipment
- Lost wages during treatment and recovery
- Loss of future earnings and benefits
- Chronic pain and permanent disability
- Depression, anxiety, and emotional distress
- Loss of quality of life
Schedule a Free Consultation With a New Jersey Paraquat Lawyer
Were you diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease after being exposed to Paraquat? Shapiro Legal Group, PLLC can help you recover the compensation you deserve. Contact us today to discuss your legal options with a New Jersey Paraquat lawsuit attorney.