Parkinson’s disease worsens over time and has a severe impact on patients’ daily activities, leading to significant financial, physical, and psychological hardship. Many factors may contribute to this condition, but researchers have linked an increased risk for Parkinson’s disease to Paraquat, a popular herbicide.
If you were diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease after Paraquat exposure, a skilled Utah Paraquat lawsuit attorney at Shapiro Legal Group, PLLC can help. Our Paraquat lawyers can represent your claim against Paraquat’s manufacturers and will advocate aggressively for your maximum compensation.
Why Hire Shapiro Legal Group, PLLC for Your Utah Paraquat Lawsuit?
- Our firm specializes in dangerous and defective product lawsuits. We have the skills, experience, and resources you need to hold Paraquat’s manufacturers accountable.
- Our Paraquat lawsuit lawyers hold over 20 years of legal experience and have represented thousands of clients across the United States, including Utah.
- After a Parkinson’s disease diagnosis, pursuing a lawsuit can feel difficult. Our firm will handle all aspects of your case on your behalf, allowing you to focus on treatment.
What Is Paraquat?
Paraquat is an herbicide that Utah farmers sometimes use to kill weeds and unwanted plants. Because Paraquat is highly toxic and dangerous, you need a commercial license to purchase it. There are many products that contain Paraquat, including Bonedry, Gramoxone, and Devour.
Does Paraquat Cause Parkinson’s Disease?
According to the Michael J. Fox Foundation, multiple studies suggest that Paraquat exposure is linked to the development of Parkinson’s disease. One study of farmers who mixed and applied Paraquat found a 200% higher risk of this condition. In another study, people who handled Paraquat and similar chemicals were diagnosed at a younger age than average. Diagnosed with Parkinson’s? Speak with a Utah Paraquat lawyer at Shapiro Legal Group, PLLC to learn your legal options.
Stages of Parkinson’s Disease
There are five stages of Parkinson’s disease, which are defined by symptom severity:
- Stage 1: Mild symptoms that affect one side of the body
- Stage 2: Worsening symptoms that start to affect daily activities
- Stage 3: Mid-stage symptoms like falls, loss of balance, and slowed movements
- Stage 4: Severe and limiting symptoms that make it difficult to walk
- Stage 5: Advanced, debilitating symptoms and the need for around-the-clock care
Symptoms of Parkinson’s Disease
If you have Parkinson’s disease, you may experience the following symptoms:
- Muscle stiffness
- Balance issues
- Stooped posture
- Slowed movements
- Speech and writing changes
What Is the Statute of Limitations for Paraquat Lawsuits in Utah?
According to Utah’s statute of limitations for product liability claims, you or your Utah Paraquat lawyer have two years from the date of your Parkinson’s diagnosis to file a Paraquat lawsuit. If you miss this deadline, the court will likely dismiss your claim and prevent you from recovering an award.
Utah Paraquat Lawsuits
Now, many Paraquat victims are filing lawsuits against the herbicide’s manufacturers and recovering compensation for medical care, lost earnings, and other losses. If you believe Paraquat is the cause of your Parkinson’s disease, you could be eligible for a settlement.
To secure compensation in your claim, however, you will need to prove the following facts:
- You were diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease.
- Paraquat is defective.
- Paraquat’s defect caused your Parkinson’s disease.
- You were using the product as the manufacturer intended.
The Utah Paraquat attorneys at Shapiro Legal Group, PLLC have the skills and experience you need to establish your right to a settlement and recover the compensation you deserve.
Schedule a Free Consultation With a Utah Paraquat Lawyer
If you were diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease and want to file a lawsuit against Paraquat’s manufacturers, the attorneys at Shapiro Legal Group, PLLC can help. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation with a Utah Paraquat lawsuit attorney.