Paraquat, a popular herbicide in the United States, may lead to the development of Parkinson’s disease. If you have been diagnosed with this condition after being exposed to Paraquat, you may be eligible for financial compensation. The Ohio Paraquat lawsuit attorneys at Shapiro Legal Group, PLLC can represent your claim and fight to hold the manufacturer accountable.
Why Hire Shapiro Legal Group, PLLC for Your Ohio Paraquat Lawsuit?
- Our firm specializes in dangerous and defective product cases, and our attorneys hold over 20 years of experience in mass tort and personal injury litigation.
- Our Paraquat lawsuit attorneys will be available throughout your case to answer your questions and provide you with important case updates.
- Our firm has secured millions of dollars in settlements and jury verdicts for our clients. We are dedicated to achieving maximum recovery on your behalf.
What Is Paraquat?
Paraquat is a toxic chemical that is used to kill unwanted weeds and desiccate certain crops. Although Paraquat is extremely dangerous, it is highly popular among commercial farmers. There are several brands that contain Paraquat, including the following:
Does Paraquat Cause Parkinson’s Disease?
Paraquat may lead to the development of Parkinson’s disease, according to several scientific studies. One study found that people exposed to Paraquat as a teen or young adult had a 200–600 percent higher chance of developing this neurological condition. According to the Michael J. Fox Foundation, another study showed that farmers who handled Paraquat had a 200 percent higher chance of developing Parkinson’s disease. If you have questions about whether or not Paraquat contributed to your Parkinson’s diagnosis, consult with an Ohio Paraquat attorney as soon as possible.
Stages of Parkinson’s Disease
There are five stages of Parkinson’s disease:
- Stage 1 is the mildest stage and involves symptoms that affect one side of the body.
- Stage 2 involves symptoms that affect both sides of the body.
- Stage 3 involves mid-stage symptoms that make it more difficult to perform tasks.
- Stage 4 symptoms are severe and limiting, and patients are unable to live alone.
- Stage 5 symptoms are debilitating, and patients are often bedridden.
Symptoms of Parkinson’s Disease
Parkinson’s disease symptoms usually begin slowly and worsen over time. These include the following:
- Impaired balance
- Stooped posture
- Speech and writing changes
- Rigid and stiff muscles
- Slowed movements
- Loss of automatic movements
- Shaking and tremors
What Is the Statute of Limitations for Paraquat Lawsuits in Ohio?
If you believe your Paraquat exposure caused your Parkinson’s disease, you must act quickly. In Ohio, you have two years from the date of your diagnosis to file your lawsuit. If you do not file in time, the court will dismiss your case so speak with an Ohio Paraquat lawsuit attorney as soon as possible to start your claim.
Ohio Paraquat Lawsuits
If you developed Parkinson’s disease after being exposed to Paraquat, you have the right to file a lawsuit against the manufacturer to recover damages for medical expenses, lost wages, and more. To prove your right to compensation, you will need to provide sufficient evidence to establish four key elements:
- You were diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease.
- Paraquat is defective.
- Paraquat’s defect caused your condition.
- You were using the product as the manufacturer intended.
These elements can be complex to prove without the help of a local Paraquat lawyer in Ohio. At Shapiro Legal Group, PLLC, our attorneys have access to the legal knowledge, scientific evidence, and expert witnesses necessary to craft a compelling case in your favor. We will advocate aggressively for your right to maximum recovery.
Schedule a Free Consultation With an Ohio Paraquat Lawyer
If you developed Parkinson’s disease after being exposed to Paraquat, you may be eligible for financial compensation. In these situations, Shapiro Legal Group, PLLC can help. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation with an Ohio Paraquat lawsuit attorney.