Paraquat, a toxic herbicide, has been linked to the development of the neurological condition Parkinson’s disease. If you developed this condition after being exposed to Paraquat, you may have grounds for legal action. In these situations, the Pennsylvania Paraquat lawsuit attorneys at Shapiro Legal Group, PLLC can help you hold the manufacturer accountable and secure the compensation you deserve.
Why Hire Shapiro Legal Group, PLLC for Your Pennsylvania Paraquat Lawsuit?
- Our Paraquat lawsuit attorneys have over 20 years of litigation experience and have represented clients in every state, including Pennsylvania.
- Our firm has access to the resources, experts, and scientific evidence to craft a compelling case for your right to compensation.
- Our firm will maintain an open and direct line of communication with you throughout your case.
What Is Paraquat?
Banned in several countries, Paraquat is an herbicide that is used to kill weeds and other unwanted plants. According to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Paraquat is a restricted use chemical, and only licensed commercial users can purchase and apply it. It is highly toxic and can be fatal if ingested.
Does Paraquat Cause Parkinson’s Disease?
Paraquat exposure may lead to the development of Parkinson’s disease, according to research compiled by the Michael J. Fox Foundation. One study found that people who were exposed to Paraquat as teens or young adults had a heightened risk of developing this condition that was 200–600 percent higher than the general population. Another study found that farmers who handled Paraquat had a 200 percent higher risk. In the event you were exposed to Paraquat and recently received a Parkinson’s disease diagnosis, speak with a qualified Pennsylvania Paraquat lawyer immediately.
Stages of Parkinson’s Disease
Parkinson’s disease is divided into five distinct stages:
- Stage 1: Symptoms are mild and affect one side of the body.
- Stage 2: Symptoms begin to affect both sides of the body, but patients retains independence.
- Stage 3: Symptoms worsen, and daily tasks become more difficult.
- Stage 4: Symptoms are severe, and patients are unable to live alone.
- Stage 5: Symptoms are debilitating, and patients are often unable to walk or stand.
Symptoms of Parkinson’s Disease
Symptoms of Parkinson’s disease begin gradually and worsen over time. Common signs of this condition include the following:
- Tremors or shaking
- Speech and writing changes
- Slowed movements
- Impaired posture and balance
- Rigid, stiff muscles
What Is the Statute of Limitations for Paraquat Lawsuits in Pennsylvania?
Paraquat lawsuits in Pennsylvania are subject to a rule known as the statute of limitations, which sets a deadline for filing claims. If you do not file your lawsuit within two years of the date of your diagnosis, the court will likely dismiss your case – so it is important to act quickly and retain the legal services of a Paraquat attorney in Pennsylvania.
Pennsylvania Paraquat Lawsuits
Living with Parkinson’s disease can be painful. However, you have the right to file a lawsuit against the herbicide’s manufacturers and recover compensation for medical expenses, lost wages, and other losses related to your Parkinson’s diagnosis. In these situations, the Pennsylvania lawsuit attorneys at Shapiro Legal Group, PLLC can help you prove your right to recovery.
Our attorneys have access to the resources you need to establish the facts of your case, including expert witnesses who can testify on your behalf and recent scientific evidence. Your lawyer will guide you through each aspect of your case, allowing you to focus on your treatment.
Schedule a Free Consultation With a Pennsylvania Paraquat Lawyer
If you developed Parkinson’s disease after being exposed to Paraquat, the lawyers at Shapiro Legal Group, PLLC can help. Contact us today to discuss your legal options with a Pennsylvania Paraquat lawsuit attorney.