In Arizona, some commercial farmers and other entities treat their land with Paraquat, a toxic herbicide. However, research suggests that Paraquat exposure may increase people’s risk of Parkinson’s disease, a progressive central nervous system disorder.
If you or a loved one were diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease after coming in contact with Paraquat, an experienced Arizona Paraquat lawsuit attorney at Shapiro Legal Group, PLLC can help. Our Paraquat lawyers can help you file a lawsuit against the herbicide’s manufacturers and secure the compensation you deserve.
Why Hire Shapiro Legal Group, PLLC for Your Arizona Paraquat Lawsuit?
- Our Paraquat lawsuit lawyers have represented thousands of clients and recovered millions of dollars in settlements and jury verdicts.
- Our firm specializes in dangerous and defective product litigation. We have the skills, experience, and resources you need to hold Paraquat’s manufacturers accountable.
- Our firm will communicate with you regularly throughout your case. You will always be able to raise questions and receive timely updates on the status of your Paraquat claim.
What Is Paraquat?
Paraquat dichloride, commonly known as Paraquat, is a popular herbicide in the United States. Paraquat is highly toxic and can be very dangerous; according to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), one sip could be fatal.
Paraquat is sold under many brand names, including the following:
- Para-Shot 3.0
Does Paraquat Cause Parkinson’s Disease?
Paraquat may be linked to the development of Parkinson’s disease, according to multiple studies. One study found a 200–600% higher risk among California residents who were exposed as teens or young adults. In another study, people who handled or mixed Paraquat received their Parkinson’s diagnosis at a younger age than average. If you or a loved one was diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease after being routinely exposed to Paraquat, speak with an Arizona Paraquat lawyer immediately to learn your legal options.
Stages of Parkinson’s Disease
Parkinson’s disease is classified into five distinct stages:
- Stage 1: Symptoms are mild and do not interfere with daily activities.
- Stage 2: Symptoms begin to affect both sides of the body and daily tasks become more difficult.
- Stage 3: Falls, loss of balance, and slowed movements become common.
- Stage 4: Patients require a walker due to severe and limiting symptoms.
- Stage 5: Patients are typically bedridden and require live-in care.
Symptoms of Parkinson’s Disease
There are many symptoms of Parkinson’s disease:
- Slowed movements
- Rigid muscles
- Speech and writing changes
- Impaired balance
- Stooped posture
What Is the Statute of Limitations for Paraquat Lawsuits in Arizona?
In Arizona, Paraquat victims or their Arizona Paraquat lawyers have two years from the date of their Parkinson’s disease diagnosis to file a lawsuit. Additionally, there is a 12-year statute of repose that begins on the date the product was sold. You will need to act quickly to meet these deadlines, or the court will likely dismiss your case.
Arizona Paraquat Lawsuits
You may be eligible for a Paraquat lawsuit if you believe that this herbicide is responsible for your Parkinson’s disease. By filing your claim in Arizona civil court, you can recover compensatory damages for medical expenses, disability accommodations, and other losses related to your diagnosis.
However, you will need to prove that Paraquat is defective and caused your Parkinson’s disease in order to recover compensation. The Arizona Paraquat lawsuit lawyers at Shapiro Legal Group, PLLC have represented many clients in their Paraquat lawsuits, and can leverage the full breadth of our firm’s resources, skills, and knowledge to support your case.
Schedule a Free Consultation With an Arizona Paraquat Lawyer
If you or a loved one have been diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease after Paraquat exposure, Shapiro Legal Group, PLLC can help. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation with an Arizona Paraquat lawsuit attorney.