Belviq and Belviq XR, two weight loss drugs developed by Eisai, Inc., may raise patients’ risk of colorectal, pancreatic, and lung cancers. Washington residents who develop certain cancers within seven years after taking Belviq or Belviq XR may be eligible for financial compensation — and if you meet these criteria, the mass tort attorneys at Shapiro Legal Group, PLLC can guide you through this process.
Why Choose Our Washington Belviq Recall Attorneys?
- We can navigate the complex Washington civil court system with confidence, providing valuable guidance and preparation each step of the way.
- Our lawyers help people in every state with their Belviq lawsuits, including Washington residents. We will partner with leading firms in your area to ensure you receive top representation.
- At Shapiro Legal Group, PLLC, we pride ourselves on our responsiveness. When you request a free consultation, we will respond promptly within 24 hours.
How to Prove a Belviq Lawsuit
Manufacturers who develop medications have a duty to ensure that their products are safe and do not lead to serious harm. If a defective drug such as Belviq leads to cancer development in patients, the manufacturer of the drug is responsible for the victims’ damages.
To prove a Belviq lawsuit, you and your lawyer will need to establish the presence of three crucial facts.
- First, you will need to prove that you developed pancreatic, colorectal, or lung cancer. You must have developed cancer within seven years of taking Belviq, and you must have been a Belviq patient for at least six months.
- Second, you will need to prove that Belviq or Belviq XR is defective in some way. The results of the clinical study can provide the backbone for your claim, as well as new developments in current litigation and medical research.
- Finally, you will need to prove that Belviq’s defects caused your cancer to develop. Again, proving this element will require medical knowledge, as well as access to important medical records and documentation of your injuries.
While these elements may seem difficult to prove, the attorneys at Shapiro Legal Group, PLLC are working on multiple Belviq claims and can apply the knowledge we gain from other cases to your lawsuit. We will also connect you with medical expert witnesses who can provide testimony on your behalf.
Washington’s Statute of Limitations for Belviq Claims
To ensure that evidence remains fresh and witnesses are reliable, Washington imposes a filing deadline on all lawsuits filed in its civil courts. The rule, known as the statute of limitations, states that you must file your Belviq lawsuit within three years of developing cancer. If you did not discover the cancer until a later date, you have three years from the date of your diagnosis to file.
Do You Need a Washington Belviq Attorney?
If you developed pancreatic, colorectal, or lung cancer after taking Belviq or Belviq XR, you need an attorney on your side. Since Belviq claims are still in their early stages, courts have not awarded any major settlements or verdicts — and partnering with a firm on the cutting edge of this litigation is necessary to protect your best interests.
The Nationwide Belviq lawyers at Shapiro Legal Group, PLLC will fight for your right to monetary compensation each step of the way, utilizing the full extent of our resources and power to craft the strongest claim possible. Our attorneys will work with you to determine what damages you qualify for, collect the necessary evidence to prove your claim, and understand the Washington requirements for filing a civil claim.
Don’t wait to seek justice. Contact Shapiro Legal Group, PLLC today to schedule your free consultation and discuss your next steps.