Belviq and Belviq XR, popular weight loss medications, may raise patients’ risks for colon, pancreatic, and lung cancers. These diseases can cause serious harm to your physical, emotional, and financial well-being — and if you believe Belviq caused your cancer, you may be eligible for financial compensation.
If you received a cancer diagnosis within seven years of taking Belviq, speak to the attorneys at Shapiro Legal Group, PLLC. With over 25 years of experience representing victims of dangerous drugs, our Kentucky Belviq attorneys can evaluate your case and determine whether you qualify for a lawsuit against the drug’s manufacturer, Eisai, Inc.
Why Choose Us
- We help Belviq victims in every state and have the resources, knowledge, and experience you need to achieve the compensation you deserve.
- Our firm has secured settlements for thousands of defective drug victims. We will advocate aggressively for your best interests from consultation to trial.
- We understand that the court system can feel intimidating. Our firm will guide you through each stage of litigation and answer any questions you have about the process.
What Types of Cancer Does Belviq Cause?
After the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved Belviq for consumer use in 2012, the agency asked the manufacturer Eisai, Inc. to conduct a study on the drug’s cardiovascular impact. Over the course of the five-year study, 12,000 patients either took Belviq or a placebo.
At the conclusion of the study, multiple patients had developed cancer — 7.1% in the placebo group, and 7.7% in the Belviq group. Certain types of cancer occurred more frequently in the Belviq group: colorectal, pancreatic, and lung. This evidence led the FDA to request a voluntary recall of Belviq and Belviq XR.
Why You Need a Kentucky Belviq Attorney
When you develop cancer, you can experience significant physical, emotional, and financial losses. A defective drug lawsuit can help you secure the compensation you need to recover from this hardship, but proving this claim without an attorney on your side can be a challenge. Hiring a Kentucky Belviq cancer attorney can provide several benefits to your case, including the following.
- Belviq lawsuits require significant scientific and medical evidence to prove. Your lawyer will have relationships with medical experts who can testify on your behalf and validate your claim.
- In a defective drug lawsuit, you will need to face large corporate legal teams in the courtroom. Your attorney will have the experience and negotiation skills necessary to advocate for your best interests during every stage of your case.
- Entering the litigation process while receiving treatment for a serious illness can be difficult. Your attorney will support you throughout the process so you can focus on your recovery, not paperwork.
- If you hire an attorney with experience working with Belviq victims, he or she will have access to recent research developments and case strategies that he or she can apply to your lawsuit.
Contact Shapiro Legal Group, PLLC Today
A cancer diagnosis can lead to significant hardship, and if you believe Belviq is the cause of your cancer, you may have legal options available to you. The Belviq injury attorneys at Shapiro Legal Group, PLLC are here to listen to your story and determine your eligibility for financial compensation.
Contact our firm today to schedule your free consultation. We respond to all case evaluation requests within 24 hours.