In February 2020, the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) requested Eisai, Inc., a drug manufacturer, to remove the medications Belviq and Belviq XR from the market. According to a post-approval study, these weight loss medications may increase patients’ risks for colon, pancreatic, and lung cancers.
Cancer can cause significant financial, emotional, and physical hardship, and many former Belviq patients are filing lawsuits to recover these damages. If you are a Connecticut resident and believe that Belviq caused your cancer, Shapiro Legal Group, PLLC can help you achieve fair compensation.
Why Choose an Attorney With Shapiro Legal Group, PLLC?
- At Shapiro Legal Group, PLLC, we have secured compensation for thousands of clients. We will fight aggressively for your optimal compensation during each stage of litigation.
- Our firm has over 25 years of experience, focusing on defective and dangerous drugs. We have the knowledge, negotiation skills, and courtroom strategies you need to secure a fair settlement.
- Our attorneys represent Belviq injury victims nationwide, including Connecticut. We partner with leading firms to craft a compelling case on your behalf.
Compensation in Connecticut Belviq Lawsuits
Connecticut residents who took Belviq for at least six months and developed colon, pancreatic, or lung cancer within seven years of taking the medication may qualify for legal action. If you meet these criteria, you can file a lawsuit against Eisai, Inc. to recover compensation for the losses you endured due to your cancer diagnosis.
Common forms of compensation in Belviq claims include the following.
- Past medical expenses for treatment you have already received for your cancer
- All future medical expenses, including necessary surgeries, medications, and supplemental therapies
- Disability accommodations and mobility equipment, if necessary
- Lost wages and loss of future earnings if your cancer prevents you from returning to work
- Emotional pain and suffering, including depression, loss of quality of life, and emotional distress
- Physical pain and suffering, such as chronic pain, disability, and disfigurement
Why You Need a Belviq Injury Attorney
Belviq litigation is still in its early stages, and to secure the compensation you need to recover, you need a lawyer to represent your best interests. A Belviq injury attorney can provide unparalleled benefits to your defective drug lawsuit, including the following.
- Your attorney can handle negotiations with large corporate legal teams on your behalf.
- Your lawyer will have access to medical expert witnesses who can testify in your claim and validate your injuries.
- You may not know the full value of your claim, and your attorney can calculate your estimated settlement and explore all pathways to optimal compensation.
- Your lawyer will likely work with other Belviq victims and can apply new research developments and case strategies to support your claim.
- Your attorney will understand the legal requirements to file and prove your claim. He or she will handle the process from start to finish so you can focus on recovery.
Contact a Connecticut Belviq Lawsuit Attorney
Did you take Belviq and receive a diagnosis for colon, pancreatic, or lung cancer? If so, you may qualify for litigation against the drug’s manufacturer, Eisai Inc. The attorneys at Shapiro Legal Group, PLLC will listen to your story and help you determine whether you are eligible for financial compensation.
Contact our firm today to schedule your free consultation.