Suffering injuries due to the actions of a corporation can cause significant damages. You may endure medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more — and many others may be experiencing the same hardships. If you believe you have a case that qualifies for litigation, contact our mass tort lawyer from Shapiro Legal Group, PLLC who can represent your claim.
Why Choose Our Mass Tort Lawyer?
- Our firm operates in all 50 states, helping people nationwide seek justice in their mass tort and personal injury claims.
- We believe that open communication is key to a successful case, and we pride ourselves on our responsiveness. Someone will always be available to answer any questions you may have.
- Over our years of operation, our national mass tort attorney has helped thousands of people secure millions of dollars in compensation. Our attorneys dedicate themselves to helping you seek justice.
Defining “Mass Torts”
A mass tort is a type of civil action that allows multiple plaintiffs to file a lawsuit against one or more negligent corporations. Mass tort claims typically involve defective or dangerous products or corporate actions. Unlike class-action lawsuits, where the court splits the settlement evenly between each plaintiff, mass tort plaintiffs retain the right to collect compensation for their individual damages.
Shapiro Legal Group, PLLC handles multiple types of mass tort cases, with some of our current litigation involving the following products and services.
- 3M combat earplugs
- Exactech Knee and Hip Replacements
- Talcum powder
- JUUL and e-cigarettes
- Monsanto Roundup
- COVID-19 business interruption insurance denials
- Hernia mesh
- Proton pump inhibitors
What Is the Statute of Limitations for Mass Torts?
All civil lawsuits are subject to a statute of limitations, or a deadline you must file your case by, or the court will dismiss it. Since each state sets these deadlines, the statute of limitations for a mass tort depends on a number of factors, such as where you live and where you are filing your claim.
Most mass tort statute of limitations is two to three years from the date of your injury. In some states, if you did not discover the harm until a later date, you have two to three years from the date of discovery to file your claim. Since every state is different, speak to a mass tort attorney from Shapiro Legal Group, PLLC to identify your deadline as soon as possible.
How to Assess Mass Tort Damages
As mentioned before, mass tort damages differ based on the harm each individual experienced. You can claim both tangible, out-of-pocket economic damages and intangible non-economic damages in a mass tort case.
Common types of damages in mass tort cases include the following.
- Past and future medical expenses
- Physical therapy costs
- Disability accommodations
- Mental health damages, such as post-traumatic stress disorder
- Chronic pain
- Loss of quality of life
- Lost wages and loss of future earnings
- Disability and disfigurement
Your mass tort lawyer will help you collect the evidence necessary to prove your economic damages and determine the amount of non-economic damages you may qualify for.
Why Do You Need a Mass Tort Lawyer?
Handling a mass tort litigation claim alone can be daunting, especially after a serious injury or illness. Hiring an attorney to represent your case can provide several benefits to you.
- You will need to identify other defendants who may have experienced the same harm to file a mass tort claim. Your mass tort litigation attorney can expedite this process on your behalf.
- Mass tort litigation is a more complex legal area than many other types of cases. Your attorney will have the knowledge and experience working with mass tort cases necessary to guide you through the necessary steps to file and prove your claim.
- You will need to face large corporate legal teams in the courtroom during a mass tort case. Your national mass tort lawyer will have the skills necessary to advocate for your best interests while negotiating with these parties.
Contact Our Mass Tort Litigation Lawyer from Shapiro Legal Group, PLLC Today
Have you and several others suffered injuries due to the actions of a large entity? Shapiro Legal Group, PLLC is here to help. Our mass tort lawyer offers nationwide legal representation to victims of corporate negligence. Contact us today to schedule your free consultation and discuss whether your case qualifies for mass tort litigation.