IVC filters are small, cage-like devices that are inserted into the inferior vena cava to capture blood clots and prevent them from reaching the lungs. IVC filters are typically used as a blood clot treatment when anticoagulants (blood thinners) cannot be used or failed to dissolve embolisms (blood clots). The newer generation IVC filters are designed to be removed after the risk of pulmonary embolism has subsided, usually with 29-54 days of implantation. In practice, IVC filters are rarely removed in that time period and the longer the filter stays implanted the greater the risk of complications.
If you are someone you love has suffered complications after having an IVC filter placed, you need to seek legal advice immediately. Contact our IVC filter lawyer from Shapiro Legal Group, PLLC today for a FREE consultation online or by calling (888)640-3784.
Why Choose an IVC Filter Lawyer?
- Mark Shapiro has been handling mass tort litigation cases, such as IVC filters, for more than 2 decades.
- Our IVC filter attorney only specializes in mass tort litigation, giving us insight and specialized knowledge to handle your case.
- At Shapiro Legal Group, PLLC, our national mass tort lawyer ensure that any negligent parties are held responsible for your injuries by pursuing the maximum possible compensation you need to make a full recovery.
Dangers of Leaving IVC Filters Implanted
IVC filters pose serious risks, especially when the filter remains implanted a prolonged period. Below is a list of some of the serious complications reported from IVC filters:
- Perforation of the inferior vena cava, heart, or lungs
- Filter fracture
- Filter migration
- Pulmonary Embolism
- Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
- Filter embolization
IVC Manufacturers and Models
Many people who have an IVC filter implanted do not know the specific type of filter they have. However, this information would be available in your hospital medical records. Below is a list of the most common IVC filters:
- Bard Recovery®
- Bard G2® or G2X®
- Bard Denali®
- Bard Eclipse®
- Bard Meridian®
- Cook Günther Tulip®
- Cook Celect®
Free IVC Filter Lawsuit Consultation With Shapiro Legal Group, PLLC
The Shapiro Legal Group, PLLC represents victims of IVC filter injuries nationwide. If you or a loved one suffered a serious injury from an IVC filter, you may be entitled to substantial financial compensation. For a free, no risk or obligation, case evaluation by a leading IVC filter lawyer, contact the Shapiro Legal Group, PLLC today at (888)-640-3784.