Electronic cigarette and vaping devices, including the extremely popular JUUL device, have disrupted the tobacco industry. Millions of consumers became e-cigarette users in the years following the product’s initial debut. Many people switched from traditional cigarettes to electronic versions due to manufacturers’ assertions that they were safer and/or healthier “alternatives.” In reality, JUUL and other e-cigarette devices can pose serious health risks for users. If you think you have a case, contact Shapiro Legal Group, PLLC for a free consultation. Call our JUUL e-cigarette lawyer at (888) 640-DRUG
Why Choose Our JUUL E-Cigarette Attorneys?
- We represent injured victims of JUUL/e-cigarette products nationwide.
- Our mass tort attorney engages in open and transparent communication with our clients.
- We believe in fighting for consumers’ rights, even if that means going to trial.
- We have been practicing product liability law for a combined 50 years.
- We keep our legal fees fair, reasonable and predictable. Get in touch with us for a JUUL e-cigarette lawsuit.
Common Reasons for JUUL E-Cigarette Lawsuits
In their relatively short history, JUUL and electronic cigarettes have stirred up great controversy in the number of related health complications, illnesses and injuries. Thousands of consumers have brought suits against e-cigarette manufacturers and distributors for allegedly causing their serious damages. At Shapiro Legal Group, PLLC, our JUUL e-cigarette attorneys represent clients during all types of JUUL e-cigarette lawsuits. We can help you explore your options for legal recourse after many types of related incidents.
- Dangerous marketing. It is a manufacturing company’s duty to responsibly market and advertise its products. Many suits against JUUL manufacturers allege that they failed to do this by intentionally marketing toward young people. Some parents have filed suits for their children’s’ nicotine addictions, for example, due to JUUL failing to make it clear that their products contain nicotine. A JUUL cartridge contains about five times the amount of nicotine as other e-cigarette brands.
- Lung illnesses. Other e-cigarette lawsuits stem from severe and potentially deadly related lung illnesses. Popcorn lung, for example, has ties to the ingredient diacetyl – used as a flavoring in many e-cigarette cartridges. Popcorn lung is an irreversible condition that causes damage to the airways. Another serious illness called e-cigarette, or vaping, product use-associated lung injury (EVALI) caused thousands of hospitalizations and numerous deaths.
- Exploding e-cigarettes. Defective lithium-ion batteries in some e-cigarette devices have led to disasters such as e-cigarette explosions, fires and serious personal injuries. E-cigarette explosions are unpredictable and can occur while or not while in use. Fires and explosions connected to these devices have caused burn injuries, lacerations, shrapnel injuries, eye and face injuries, mouth injuries, lost teeth, amputations, property damage, and wrongful death.
Our JUUL e-cigarette lawyers at Shapiro Legal Group, PLLC will start your case with a free comprehensive overview. We will listen to your story, ask questions, assess your damages, and let you know if we believe you have grounds for a lawsuit against JUUL or another e-cigarette company. If so, we may be able to help you join an ongoing class action or mass tort to pursue fair financial compensation for your economic and noneconomic damages.
An e-cigarette manufacturing company may lawfully owe you and your family financial compensation. At Shapiro Legal Group, PLLC, we can help you determine whether you have grounds for a product liability claim in your county. Then, we can demand fair compensation on your behalf. A positive settlement or jury verdict could result in recovery for your related medical expenses, property repairs, lost wages, pain and suffering, legal fees, and more. The responsible company might also owe you a punitive damage award for fraud or gross negligence.
Speak to a JUUL E-Cigarette Lawyer Today
Hiring a lawyer with experience representing victims during JUUL/e-cigarette lawsuits is important for the overall success of your claim. The right attorney needs to understand how these cases work and how to file a lawsuit on your behalf. At Shapiro Legal Group, PLLC, we have decades of collective experience representing clients during complicated product liability torts. We may be able to help your family with a claim. Call (212)485-9899 or contact us online today to arrange your free initial consultation.